1.Pre event communication pretty much the same as usual. IRF info (Sue) was quite good. Info from race coodinator was satisfactory, always think things get a bit lost in translation and that is what makes it more complicated ie: lodging, transport etc. There were no glitches, however, in this regard, throughout our trip.
2. All went well in this area. We walked to dutch water dreams before the buses started running due to the taxis that were suppose to be available for event (at a discount) not being available. Probably due to World Cup. This was not that big of a problem. If to do this again, it would have been great to rent bikes ahead of time.
3. Accomodations, meals, transport all spot on. Dinner schedule a bit off first few nights at Dutch Water Dreams based on women's practice being scheduled right up until captain's meeting and right during dinner. Teams without extra bodies (coaches etc.) to go to meetings have a bit tougher time. This was not much of an issue in such a self contained event, however, if travel to captains meeting was involved it would have meant missing dinner.
4. There was not much entertainment as such during event, this was fine though. Gave some good down time. Have always enjoyed cultural flavor at functions in past, therefore, if it is available it is always welcome.
5. All events were phenomenal; flow was great, timing worked just fine. Down river was a success on artificial course and should be kept if possible at other artificial venues in the future. Should be a consideration when looking at future venues.
6. Media options; good job Joffe. All was exceptional in this area
7. Location and course fantastic
8. Overall, one of my more favorite events. What a fantastic venue!! My kudos to everyone involved.....
Lisa Reeder/US Women's Team